You may be wondering what the hell that is… Well, I think you should watch these two videos and just have a go…
HERE I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE SOME OF THE TOOLS I AM USING TO ENHANCE THIS METHODOLOGY. I HOPE YOU FIND THEM USEFUL TOO.
- EDMODO: Obvioulsy we need a digital platform to get in contact with our students and to implement the basics of the Flipped Classroom model. With Edmodo you can:
- Send messages to your students.
- Create tests (multiple choice, fill gaps, open questions)
- Create asignments.
- Create polls to get some feedback from your students baout certain topics.
- Share documents, videos, links, etc.
- Connect with other teachers and share ideas, resources, media, etc.
- Work in a 100% safe platform with a atractive design for students (very similar to facebook) and extremely easy to use. Parents also have access to their children’s tasks and progress in the platform.
- Award your students with badges which you can create or copy from other teachers.
- Follow your students progress and export the data.
- Download educative apps (many of them free) to use in the platform.
You can watch this video to learn about some its applications:
The quantity and quality of the resources and uses that Edmodo offers is so varied that I don’t stop learning about it constantly.
2. SPARK ADOBE OR HOW TO CREATE A VIDEO IN A FEW MINUTES.
We usually ask our students to send a video describing pictures to talk about an event. Just register and use it freely.
Here is s sample my son made for his English teacher.
3. DO YOU LIKE USING FLASHCARDS IN CLASS? TRY STUDYSTACK!
This page is sooo good if you want your students to revise some vocabulary before you are going to work on a specific topic. There are many packs already made or you can just create your own in a few minutes. Apaart from the cards you can also play games and challenge your students to complete them.
4. DESIGNING A VIDEO ACTIVITY: EDPUZZLE.
This is just a wonderful tool to evaluate your students’ understanding. You just need to find a video you would like to work with and you can trim it and add comments, questions, etc. Here is one of my video-activities:
5. BLABBERIZE: Have you got a picture and wnat to make it talk? Amazing!
I want to thank Monica Garrido Escudero, from IES Dalias, who was the first person who told me about this. Congratulations!!!
6. AUGMENTED REALITY. Again, it was Monica who told me about this. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it. It was like magic and it reminded me of Harry Potter’s books so I think it can be a very useful tool in my future lessons. AURASMA is the app and it is worth having a look….
7. PLICKERS OR HOW TO CHECK YOUR STUDENTS’ ANSWERS QUIICKLY AND WITH JUST YOUR MOBILE. I prefer Kahoot! but I undestand it is not always easy to control it; Here you can find out more about it (in Spanish from https://natalialzam.wordpress.com/ THANKS!!!!)
8. KAHOOT! Just love it. Students can play with their mobile phones. BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) There’s a new cool feature: THE CHALLENGE which allows students to do their homework and compete at the same time (and you don;t need to correct it!) FREE!
Here’s an example:
9. MENTIMETER. I have recently discovered this page and I’M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!! It’s one of the most motivating tools for our students as they can interact with you in a presentation and you can also invite them to take part in a competitive test. (BYOD)
10. QUIZIZZ: Very similar to Kahoot but with some differences: students are challenged to answer the questions in their mobile devices but they don’t have to concentrate on the board and questions are also shown randomly. At the end of the game, you can see the winner and the overall performance. As Kahoot!, there is a huge bank of games from which you can design your own activity in a few seconds. You can play a live game and even set a game for homework sharing it in EDMODO, GOOGLE CLASS AND REMIND. Amazing! FREE!
Click HERE to play a game I made for my Bachillerato students.
11. FLIPPITY: or how to “easily turn a Google™ Spreadsheet into a Set of Online Flashcards and Other Cool Stuff”. My favourite is the Quiz Show but you have many others. The Flippity random Name Picker is also very helpul. It also generates the groups and designs the seating plan.
<iframe src=’https://list.ly/list/206x/framed?embed_type=iframe&layout=full&per_page=25′ seamless width=700 height=2500 style=’border:none’ scrolling=”/>